Stand with Martin- Endorse a Republican Small Businessman for State Representative
As a small businessman, Martin Daniel has seen firsthand and closeup the many difficulties and challenges that small businesses must overcome in order to succeed. Much too often, we have seen government spending skyrocket, taxes raised, and bureaucratic red tape balloon on our job-creators and workers alike. That is why, as your State Representative, Martin Daniel has led the charge to cut taxes, stop unnecessary government regulations, create good job opportunities, curb bureaucracy, and strengthen transparency and accountability in state government.
Our community needs real solutions to reduce the size of government and enable families and business innovators with the education, infrastructure, and low-tax, free-market economic climate they need to succeed in the workplace and maintain our high quality of life. Thanks to a fiscally conservative Republican legislature, Tennessee consistently balances its budget, has over $850 million in its “rainy day” fund (the most in history), and boasts the lowest debt per capita of any state in the nation. Also, Tennessee is one of only twelve states that have a “AAA” bond rating on the little debt that it has.
Martin Daniel is running because he has the real private-sector business experience we need to keep our state and our economy on the right track fiscally and to and protect our families and businesses alike from government over-reach.
- Sponsored legislation that eliminated government red tape and excessive regulations on small businesses
- Voted to cut the sales tax on groceries and reduce business taxes for job-creators
- Voted to permanently phase-out Tennessee’s taxes on investment and retirement income
- Sponsored the Right to Earn a Living Act to fight back against needless, anti-competitive occupational licensing laws and other government barriers to good jobs
- Voted for fiscally-responsible, balanced budgets.
- Strengthened oversight of state rulemaking agencies to help ensure new regulations protect public health and safety without hindering economic growth
- Sponsored and passed legislation that incentivizes government agencies to find and cut wasteful spending, saving taxpayer dollars