Meet the Republican father and small businessman with the experience to keep Tennessee on track for success.
A lifelong Tennessean and resident of Knoxville, State Representative Martin Daniel has roots in our community. He and his wife Melissa, are the proud parents of two children, Sophie (12) and Matthew (10).
Martin earned his BSBA and MBA from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, graduating with Highest Honors in 1985 from the University of Memphis School of Law, was awarded the Herbert Herff merit scholarship, and served on the Law Review.
Today, Martin serves as majority owner and general manager of Elevation Outdoor Advertising, LLC, a successful advertising company operating throughout East Tennessee.
Martin founded and serves as President of Defeat Duchenne, Inc. a local non-profit committed to supporting children diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and their families.
Since 2009, with the generosity of many other people and businesses, Martin and Melissa have contributed almost $500,000 to Defeat Duchenne.
As a successful business owner, Martin puts his private-sector experience to use helping make our state government function more efficiently through lower taxes, fewer regulations, and leaner balanced budgets.
Martin believes that government, while necessary, cannot provide a solution for all of society’s problems and that a limited, smaller government works best for Tennesseans.
- President, Defeat Duchenne Inc.
- Member: St. John’s Episcopal Church
- Member: Tennessee and Knoxville Bar Associations; Knoxville Chamber of Commerce (Transportation & Infrastructure Committee), Entrepreneurs Organization of Knoxville, Rotary Club of Knoxville, The Civil War Trust, The Heritage Foundation, American Legislative Exchange Council (state chair, 2018).
- Owner, Elevation Outdoor Advertising, LLC
- Tennessee Outdoor Advertising (1992-1998)
- Emerald Outdoor Advertising (1993-1998)
- Delta Outdoor Advertising (1998-2001)
- Elevation Outdoor Advertising (2002-2018)
- Defeat Duchenne, Inc. (2009-Present)
- 109th General Assembly
- Civil Justice Committee
- Business and Utilities Committee
- 110 General Assembly
- Civil Justice Committee
- State Government Committee
- American Legislative Exchange Council (State Public Sector Chairman (2018)
- NFIB “Guardian of Small Business” (2017)
- Legislator of the Year, Tennessee Community Organization (2017)
- Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville Chambers of Commerce
- Entrepreneurs Organization of Knoxville
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America
- Tennessee & American Bar Associations
- The Heartland Institute
- The Heritage Foundation